At 4:20 something this AM I was awoken to the sound of my husband yelling "Honey come here - quick". As I came out of the bedroom and looked in the direction from which he was calling me - I see flames in the backyard. His response - get some water - I've got a fire.
As he struggled to get the patio door open - I started filling a piture of water - and suggested he might want to use the hose. I threw my measly piture of water on the blaze - while he tried to untangle the hose, and get all the kinks out of it - so he could get some water pressure.
Once we were able to get the flames out - he had me get him his black tennis shoes. Wish I'd have gotten the camera then - he looked so cute in his tighty whiteys and his black tennis shoes. We discussed how surprised we were no one had called the fire department - I told him - there's no guarantee they haven't - and your going to look pretty silly to them in your underwear and tennies! At which point he handed me the hose and got some shorts on. Then I was able to get the camera!
I have lots more pictures - of the GAS tank that has melted Christmas lights on top of it - the melted plastic on the gas grill - the can of lighter fluid and wasp spray that were very close by!
When I asked him whether the smoldering pile on the patio had been a trash bag - he replied NO - the trash can - picture #2.
He decided it best if he didn't tell me how this all happened. I agreed with him.
The more I talked about how God had saved our lives and how serious this was - the more he'd laugh and make jokes about it. I guess that's his way of dealing with the reality that we are just fortunate to be alive. Had he not gotten up to go to the bathroom - and seen the lights of the flames - we would not be here.
Thank you God!
I'll have to post better pictures - once it's light outside!